Block U is an academic learning community for first-year college students. For two semesters, a small group of students, peer advisor and faculty participate in a class built around a theme. In addition to the learning community class, students register for a schedule (block) of thematically organized classes that together with the learning community class, meet all the required Intellectual Exploration components of general education. In Block U classes, students develop skills that are important for all careers, such as problem solving, written and oral communication skills, and teamwork. Block U is designed to provide students with an experience that combines the personal attention of a small college environment with the unparalleled resources of a large research university.
With Block U, you will:
- Complete all of your General Education Intellectual Exploration requirements in one year
- Develop the skills to take 15 credit hours or more each semester
- Develop connections with Block U students, faculty, peer advisors and campus resources
- Receive official stamp on your transcript and Block U certificate
- Conduct and produce relevant community-engaging projects
Explore Our Programs